Ei! Não deixe de visitar as outras páginas!

sábado, 10 de março de 2012

Folco Quilici, the wonders of the seas - COLORS MAGAZINE 2





Hello dear readers !

Here's another gift for you. A very good article from COLORS magazine nº 77, dedicated to the sea. A beautiful and wise discourse of film director Folco Quilici, talking about his big and ancient passion for the sea. I'm sure you will
enjoy too. Good reading.

Fernando Costa

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´


The legendary Italian director and writer Folco Quilici introduces us to the wonders of the seas, and tells us why they matter.

´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´´

As soon as I landed for the first time in Australia, I headed to a vast beach not far from Sydney. I was impatient to fulfill a long-held desire to come face to face with the largest ocean in the world, the Pacific.

As the Pacific Ocean lay before me, my mind wandered to Captain Cook and the mutineers of the Bounty, the Polynesian migrants. As expected, I was moved. Not so much by the ocean’s waves, massive though they were, nor by the way it extended into infinity, but by the memory of people and events that have, along with thousands more, created the mythology of this particular ocean. It was not the vision of this blue expanse that moved me - its horizon did not appear that different from any other - though the waves crashed down more powerfully on this Australian beach than any of the others I had visited on the Mediterranean, the North Sea or the Atlantic.

There were no other striking differences, however, and that’s why a question came to mind, one that came back to me several times after that: is the ocean the outstanding wonder of our planet?

My answer is...  COLORS MAGAZINE

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Seus comentários, críticas ou elogios farão meu blog evoluir. Obrigado por participar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...