Ei! Não deixe de visitar as outras páginas!

quarta-feira, 30 de outubro de 2013

- Flesh of thy flesh, Thaisa; Thy burden at the SEA - Pericles, Prince of Tyre - Shakespeare and the SEA 30

Leia (em português) uma introdução a esta série de 30 posts, clicando aqui.

Atlantic Ocean - Tenerife Island - Spain - 21/02/2013 - photo by Fernando Costa


PERICLES.

" - This, this: no more, you gods! your present kindness

Makes my past miseries sports: you shall do well,
That on the touching of her lips I may
Melt and no more be seen. O, come, be buried
A second time within these arms."

MARINA.


" - My heart

Leaps to be gone into my
mother’s bosom."
[Kneels to Thaisa.]

PERICLES.

" - Look, who kneels here! Flesh of thy flesh, Thaisa;
Thy burden at the SEA, and call’d Marina
For she was yielded there."

THAISA.


" - Blest, and mine own!"


HELICANUS.


" - Hail, madam, and my queen!"


THAISA.


" - I know you not."


PERICLES.


" - You have heard me say, when did fly from Tyre,

I left behind an ancient substitute:
Can you remember what I call’d the man
I have named him oft."

THAISA.


" - ’Twas Helicanus then."


PERICLES.


" - Still confirmation:

Embrace him, dear Thaisa; this is he.
Now do I long to hear how you were found:
How possibly preserved; and who to thank,
Besides the gods, for this great miracle."

PERICLES, PRINCE OF TYRE

William Shakespeare


Leia (em português) uma introdução a esta série de 30 posts, clicando aqui.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Seus comentários, críticas ou elogios farão meu blog evoluir. Obrigado por participar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...