Ei! Não deixe de visitar as outras páginas!

terça-feira, 20 de agosto de 2013

Gibraltar wakened – Fotografias & Poemas (em inglês) sobre Gibraltar - duplas de sushi - 20




Gibraltar - Reino Unido - julho de 2013 - foto de Fernando Costa



"England, I stand on thy imperial ground,
Not all a stranger; as thy bugles blow,
I feel within my blood old battles flow-
The blood whose ancient founts in thee are found
Still surging dark against the Christian bound
Wide Islam presses; well its peoples know
Thy heights that watch them wandering below;
I think how Lucknow heard their gathering sound.
I turn, and meet the cruel, turbaned face.
England, 't is sweet to be so much thy son!
I feel the conqueror in my blood and race;
Last night Trafalgar awed me, and to-day
Gibraltar wakened; hark, thy evening gun
Startles the desert over Africa!"

George Edward Woodberry

Leia uma introdução à esta série de posts aqui

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Seus comentários, críticas ou elogios farão meu blog evoluir. Obrigado por participar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...