Ei! Não deixe de visitar as outras páginas!

quarta-feira, 24 de agosto de 2011

Good news directly from Dee Caffari's Facebook page - NEWS





Over the last few weeks I have had an amazing time with such variety. It has been an incredible experience. I sailed in my first Asian Regatta, The Six Senses Phuket Race Week and from Thailand I returned to the Aberdeen Asset Management Cowes Week. Just in this week alone I sailed on a number of boats and attended a variety of events. I was proud to be an Ambassador for the official charity of the week, Toe in the Water.  I not only enjoyed sailing with them, but also racing on their behalf with a celebrity crew of Zara Phillips and Nathalie Pinkham in the Artemis Challenge. The end of the week saw me experience multihull sailing for the first time. My preparation for the Fastnet Race had begun as I
joined the crew of Race for Water, a new MOD 70. Just 34 hours from start to finish allowed me to spend Monday night in my own bed while a record number of boats continued to race. This huge fleet also saw record performances from speed records to a back to back win in IRC for Ran. I have followed the Solitaire du Figaro, the Extreme Sailing Series and saw the Clipper Fleet depart on their trip around the world. I also sailed under Tower Bridge on board the Tall Ship Stavros with the end of the inaugaral Project Rough Seas.
My focus has been to gain valuable experience on a number of boats, continue my development and try and maintain a good amount of media coverage. Time is ticking and I still hope to secure sponsorship for the 2012 Vendee Globe. I have already had to conceed that I will not be taking part in the next... LINK

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Seus comentários, críticas ou elogios farão meu blog evoluir. Obrigado por participar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...