Ei! Não deixe de visitar as outras páginas!

quarta-feira, 15 de maio de 2019

The Taming of the Shrew - Shakespeare in Love with the divine SEA


The rough sea - photo by Fernando Costa


PETRUCHIO

    Why came I hither but to that intent?
    Think you a little din can daunt mine ears?
    Have I not in my time heard lions roar?
    Have I not heard the sea puff'd up with winds
    Rage like an angry boar chafed with

sweat?
    Have I not heard great ordnance in the field,
    And heaven's artillery thunder in the skies?
    Have I not in a pitched battle heard
    Loud 'larums, neighing steeds, and trumpets' clang?
    And do you tell me of a woman's tongue,
    That gives not half so great a blow to hear
    As will a chestnut in a farmer's fire?
    Tush, tush! fear boys with bugs.

William Shakespeare

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Seus comentários, críticas ou elogios farão meu blog evoluir. Obrigado por participar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...