Ei! Não deixe de visitar as outras páginas!

segunda-feira, 13 de fevereiro de 2012

Matt Rutherford, the MacGyver of the Seas is crossing right now the latitude of Cabo Frio, Brazil




Salve colegas velejadores de Cabo Frio, que tal içarmos todas as nossas velas agora mesmo, para irmos saudar um dos mais cascudos marujos que Pacífico e Atlântico já viram singrar suas águas? Sim, sim, Matt Rutherford, o MacGyver dos MARES está cruzando a latitude de Cabo Frio neste exato instante. Ligados ? Escrevi isto ontem na hora do entusiasmo, amigos, na verdade, as coordenadas de Cabo Frio são  22°52'51.76"S  42° 1'38.43"O e nosso herói Big Matt ainda se encontrava aos  25°56'13.74"S  25°32'28.53"O. Ou seja, ele ainda vai ter de subir mais de 3º de latitude pra nos alcançar... 3º de latitude significam 180 milhas a percorrer. Na sua velocidade atual (3,3 nós)  Big Matt levará aproximadamente 54 horas ou 2,27 dias para chegar à nossa latitude. Tempo suficiente para nós o alcançarmos, se nosso veleiro conseguir cobrir as 900 milhas que nos separam ao mesmo tempo. Pra que isto seja possível teremos de velejar a exatos 16,6 nós. LoL ! Por favor, digam-me se errei nos meus cálculos.


Last post from Matt Rutherford

I’ve finally made it into the easterly trades. They are still pretty light but they will become stronger as I head north. This is a pretty big deal because it’s the last trade winds I’ll be in before the Chesapeake Bay. I will still have light winds by the equator and I’m sure the wind will blow out of some other direction at some point but I should have mostly easterly wind until 25-30 north.
A couple nights ago I woke up in the middle of the night to empty my bilge and check my course. I noticed one of my fishing lines was tight. Fresh fish, I could almost taste it as I pulled the line in hand over hand. Well my fresh fish turned out to be a... 

Um comentário:

  1. Read my last message to Matt Rutherford !

    Hello Big Matt, "The Macgyver of the Seas" !

    I'm following you day after day in Google Earth. I'm watching you sailing in the direction of the beautiful Brazilian islands of Trindade and Martim Vaz. Guess who fell in love with them? Master Bernard Moitessier. Hope you make pretty pictures of them to show us.

    Hey. I quoted you once more in my blog. See!

    http://estreladalvacabofrio.blogspot.com/2012/02/matt-rutherford-macgyver-of-seas-is.html

    Good winds

    Fernando Costa, from Cabo Frio, Brazil

    ResponderExcluir

Seus comentários, críticas ou elogios farão meu blog evoluir. Obrigado por participar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...