Ei! Não deixe de visitar as outras páginas!

sexta-feira, 2 de março de 2012

Mike, Matt, Sarah and Laura - Have you read the last posts of our favorite adventurers? - news







News, only good and fresh news about our heroes sailing around the planet Earth, then the good name should be WATER. Read them and be happy dear friends !

Fernando Costa



MATT RUTHERFORD

Recife (Day 262)

 1-03-2012

A few years ago a watched a documentary on Recife on the Discovery channel during shark week. Evidently Recife is the shark bite capital of the world (Bull Sharks) – not that I’m planned on going for a swim. To take a step back, after my last update I spent three days trying to get my engine started. I took off all the wires and cleaned the connections with sandpaper. I was hoping it was a bad ground wire but unfortunately that wasn’t the problem. I tried to take the starter off but for some crazy reason it is connected to the engine with round bolts with a large Allen key fitting in the center. So I didn’t have the rather odd tool required to...  LINK

                                                 MIKE HORN

                                                                           1-03-2012

After only 6 days of sailing, Pangaea arrives in Manaus! "We hugged the side of the river in the past few days", says Mike, "and we battled against the strong countercurrent, but at the same time we made excellent progress. It's super interesting to return to the Amazon after serveral years. In some places I do not recognise the river. So many changes and so many more people! I'm very much lookiing forward to the Young Explorers joining me in Manaus in a few days time. There are so many environemental and communty projects that can be... LINK



SARAH HÉBERT



29/02/2012

Armed with courage, beyond his control standards, Sarah connects the days of sailing in the open ocean.
Yesterday was rough but not too much left traces. No doubt his motivation outweighs fatigue.
Sarah decided to cash the trade winds blow stronger than anticipated weather. A wind holder that allows Sarah to advance at ... LINK




LAURA DEKKER

1-03-2012


Thanks a lot for all the title suggestions for my book. In the meantime I've made my decision and will let everyone know when I'm at the Hiswa boat show in Holland. I am still enjoying Bonaire for a few more days before heading out into the cold--with the plane this time. I took a two day break from writing my book and went sailing with my minicat. There's been a lot of wind the past few days so that was great fun. Writing the book is a lot of fun too, reading all the pieces I wrote along the way and thinking about it all really makes me wanna leave again, or at least most of the time… LINK

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Seus comentários, críticas ou elogios farão meu blog evoluir. Obrigado por participar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...